Friday, June 17, 2011

Day Seven

Considering I've been really lazy about posting in this blog during the week, I guess I have to update a lot of what's been going on lately. I need to get on terms with updating this more regularly, but I will start doing that tomorrow definitely. I'm actually hoping people are reading this.

Tuesday and Wednesday of this week have practically been the same thing. I work in a computer lab area with seven other people in our program who are doing bioinformatics/ computational biology research. Seven of the people were in my independent studies in computational biology program during this past year of senior year. I only met my mentor on Wednesday but then he decided to leave for Duke, how ironic. I wish I got to go back with him only for it a little bit. Tuesday was also a Professional Development talk where we go into presentation skills and ethics behind science.

Wednesday night we went on a night walk. I have felt the need to "grasp every opportunity" that I've had lately. Even though I'm kind of really scared of climbing things that could potentially make me fall. So, we all wore our light gear, flashlights and headlamps. It was an enjoyable experience, and I'm glad that I definitely took the opportunity do it. The hike went one was called Mt. Champlain. I only fell once which I was very surprised about due to my klutzy tendencies. I like skinned parts of my right leg, but it'll be fine soon. It took about an hour and a little bit more to get to the top of the mountain. When we were going back down I was really scared I was going to fall off, but it was easier to climb down in the dark with my flashlight then it was to climb up with natural light. Pretty ironic. Here are some pictures from the hike.





The sun has finally decided to come out Thursday and Friday, so instead of raining constantly we get really pretty normal summer weather. I like it a lot. I decided to take a video of the view from my balcony because it was that pretty. Thursday we had SNIPP night where people give presentations of what they have accomplished so far in their research. Mine is the dead last presentation in the summer program on July 28th.




I'll update on my research things tomorrow or next week once I have a good idea of what I want to do for my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment