Monday, June 13, 2011

Day Three

So today was the first day of lab. Lately I still haven't be able to fall asleep, but hopefully I'll get used to this sooner or later. I woke up around six thirty to get showered and dressed, also to have enough time to eat breakfast by 7:30. The whole group of late start students decided to walk together to the lab, which is about a 20-30 minute walk on the trail. When we arrived at the lab, it was actually pretty cool. We went through various orientation sessions throughout the day such as procedures for labs and mice procedures. I got to hold a mouse today! Although it decided to go to the bathroom on my hand, thankfully I was wearing gloves. It was a really cute mouse though! It was pretty cool because it was one of the mice strains that we used for our Atherosclerosis research this passed year (B6xC3H). We had to do a lot of exercises with the mice to prep for lab work, but since I'm in a computational biology lab I don't want to deal with them which is pretty nice.

 I sadly unlike everybody else didn't get to meet my mentor. He's supposed to be coming to meet me on Wednesday which should be pretty exciting. He did give me a really nice computer with like 25" inch screen. So excited for that. Yay for programming this entire summer! He did give me a lot of articles to read before our meeting on Wednesday, so I should probably do that. We left around 5 to come back to the house. At this point I was really exhausted and hungry. So the first thing I went to the snack room and I got a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie. It was heavenly.


mousecookie.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment